As a partner in community change, the vision of the Jacobs Center for Neighborhood Innovation is to be part of a caring community where people are responsible to each other, where all cultures are embraced, where sustaining resources are in place for a vibrant economic and philanthropic life, and where residents create the future they envision.
We are an organization that believes in people and encourages them to bring something more than just expertise. We are looking for people who are not only talented but also passionate in what they do. We believe the strongest people in the workplace are those who don’t consider it work; it’s something they genuinely want to do.
Our organizations’ objectives are achieved through our employees. We are equal opportunity employers and offer employee benefits.
Please be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the open positions. We cannot confirm receipt of submitted documentation and phone calls will not be returned. Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with us.
To be considered for an open position, please submit an up-to-date resume to HR@Jacobscenter.org.
The Administrative Assistant will perform a variety of responsible and specialized office clerical and administrative support functions ranging from moderately difficult to complex; this position requires a consummate professional with impeccable, bilingual communications skills that can support the diverse needs of executives, accounting, marketing, fundraising and real estate teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately types correspondence, reports, memos, emails, and other documents as requested. Proofreads written materials for accuracy, formatting and completeness.
- Compiles and distributes meeting materials for JCNI and DMI Board meetings, as well as various Board committee meetings.
- In the absence of the Executive Business Administrator, administers Board(s) and Committee meetings, including preparation and distribution of agendas, staff reports and related materials; records and transcribes minutes.
- In the absence of the Executive Business Administrator, assists with the functions of the Office of the President, including confidential calendar maintenance, detailed travel arrangements, and daily routine functions.
- Maintains corporation internal filing systems.
- Expected to be an active, supportive, and responsible member of the administrative assistant team, and to provide administrative support to areas of the corporation as needed and as assigned.
- Performs routine tasks including duplicating, and photocopying.
- Provides backup as assigned to departments within the Corporation.
- Coordinates arrangements for meetings and special events.
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Oral and written command of the English and Spanish language, including spelling, grammar, punctuation and the ability to correctly edit documents.
- Office administrative practices and procedures, including record keeping, tracking systems, filing, calendar maintenance and scheduling.
- Computer equipment including software standard to the Corporation, as well as Internet resources.
- Business letter writing and the standard format for reports and correspondence.
- Operate a personal computer for proper input and retrieval of data. Knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint with a high level of proficiency.
- Organize, set priorities, and exercise sound independent judgment within areas of responsibilities. Manage multiple priorities successfully and meet deadlines.
- Type accurately at a speed necessary to meet the requirement of the position.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- High school diploma; Associate degree, or bachelor’s degree in business, administration, or related field preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years increasingly responsible administrative experience.
- Must have Notary Public Certification
- Bilingual Spanish/English required
- Highly organized multi-tasker who works well in a fast-paced environment
- Display high degree of discretion, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Graphic design production and social media skills desired
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM database desired
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 10 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
TO APPLY:Please submit your resume and specific cover letter explaining exactly how your characteristics, skills and experiences relate to the list of items listed in THE POSITION above, via email to HR@JacobsCenter.org. Resume review is ongoing, interviews will be held on a rolling basis and the position is anticipated to remain open until it is filled. We will do our best to keep you informed as to the status of your application but due to the high volume of applications we receive, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in working with our team.